Bahola Labs website respects your privacy, and seeks to comply with applicable legal requirements in respect of data collection, processing and transfer.
1.What is Personal Information?
Personal information is that information which can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. It includes de-identified data that, when linked to other information available to us, would enable us to identify you. Personal data does not include data that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that we cannot identify you through it, even in conjugation conjunction with other information.
“Sensitive Personal Data or Information” means Personal Information of any individual relating to password; financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details; physical, physiological and mental health condition; sexual orientation; medical records and history; biometric information; any detail relating to the above as provided to or received by Bahola Labs for processing or storage. However, any data/ information relating to an individual that is freely available or accessible in public domain or furnished under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law shall not qualify as Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
2.What types of data do we collect?
Bahola Labs, like many other websites uses “Cookies”. Cookies are small data files that a website stores on your web browser. These are used for the purpose of storing your preferences, previous activities browsing activities, profiling and tracking behaviour on this Website. By visiting Bahola Labs, you acknowledge, accept and expressly authorize the placement of cookies on your web browser. We recommend that you clear the cookies stored on your browser from time to time.
When you sign up or register on the Website to use our Services, and during the course of actual usage of our Services, the types of information that will be collected by us include the following:
- Contact information: Name, Address, Contact details, Email ID, Phone Number;
- Demographic information: Gender, Age, Date of Birth; Marital Status, Nationality
- Data regarding your usage of the services such as search history and history of the appointments made by you through the use of Services;
- Any other detail relating to the above as voluntarily provided to Bahola Labs by you, for providing value added service;
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition which you voluntarily provide or is generated on usage of our services through the website;
- Data regarding your medical qualifications, registrations and certifications;
- Any additional information that you voluntarily choose to provide to Bahola through any mode of communication or during any interaction.
3.Where do we collect your data from?
For end users:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us through app, website, email, during interaction with us on call or chat and other modes of communication;
- Before onboarding you, we may request information regarding your qualifications, experience, public profile, and representations made by you to us;
- During your usage of the App / Website, we may collect information based on your use of the Services;
- We may collect other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us through app, website, email, during interaction with us on call or chat and other modes of communication;
- We may collect information from any group company, affiliates, associates, subsidiary, holding company of the Company, associates and subsidiaries of holding company of the Company to whom you have given consent for sharing of information for availing value added service.
4.How do we use your data?
We use your Personal Information for purposes that include the following:
General (end users and doctors):
- Your registration for the purpose of receiving our Services, identification, communication, notification and for fulfilment of the Terms and Conditions [Insert link of terms and conditions];
- Improvement of our products and services;
- Addressing your requests, queries and complaints, in any, pertaining to our Services; other customer care related activities;
- Investigating, enforcing, and resolving disputes;
- For the purpose of contacting you to provide you with information on new Services and offers, taking feedback, assisting you with completion of transactions or other issues relating to the use of Services;
- To send notices, communications, alerts, new offers relevant to use of the Services offered by Apollo Pharmacy on Website/app;
- Technical administration and customization of Website, and other general administrative and business purposes;
- To send you information about special promotions or offers , new features or products;
For end users only:
- Processing any orders you may place using our Services;
For doctors only:
- For verifying your professional credentials and any representations you have made to us;
- For processing any payments made to you;
- For providing recommendations to end users based on your expertise and specialisations;
- For providing any other service to you.
5.How long will we retain your data?
We store your personal information in accordance with applicable laws, which means we keep your data for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services or as may be required under any law. We shall store your personal information for lawful purposes only. We keep de-identified data for research and statistical purposes for a longer period.
If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your data, and we may delete any or all of your data without liability. However, we may retain data related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or if required by law, or for other legitimate purposes. We may continue to store your data in anonymised form for analytical and research purposes.
6.Disclosure and transfer of your data
We may disclose and in some cases transfer your personal information to such entities as required to provide services to you and to provide value added services or other third party products and services, to the extent permitted by applicable law. These entities may be located outside India, which you hereby consent to. We require such entities to protect your information through equivalent security measures as what we would adopt. An indicative list of entities we may disclose or transfer information to, are provided below:
- Service Providers: We share personal information with companies that provide Services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data storage, software services, email services, marketing, fulfilling customer orders, providing payment services, data analytics, data mining, providing customer services, and conducting surveys. These companies may be located within or outside India, but in any case are obligated to protect your data.
We may also share information with employees, data processors, consultants, business partners and technology partners on a need to know basis. Such entities would be contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality in relation to your data.
If you are an end user, your personal information will also be shared with your chosen HSPs.
- Business Affiliates:
In the event of a merger, reorganization, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off, transfer, asset sale, or sale or disposition of all or any portion of our business, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings, we may transfer any and all personal information to the relevant third party with the same rights of access and use.
- Law Enforcement Agencies:We may share information with law enforcement agencies pursuant to lawful requests for information, and otherwise as required under any law applicable at the given time, both in India and outside India.
- Other Third Parties:
- We may also disclose personal information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
- Anonymised, aggregated data that cannot re-identify you, may be shared with advertisers, research firms and other partners.
7.How do we protect your data?
We are committed towards maintaining the privacy of the information uploaded by you on the website and complies with the industry standard security safeguards for the purpose of securing the website and the information provided/uploaded by you.
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures for the purpose of safeguarding all data you share with us. We also have comprehensive internal policies in place to prevent unauthorized access to your data. We take adequate steps to ensure that third parties we share data with also adopt reasonable level of security practices and procedures to ensure the privacy and security of your information.
However, we are not responsible for any loss, unauthorised access, safety issue or any harm caused to you by any misuse of your personal information, unless it is a direct and foreseeable consequence of negligence and non-compliance on our part only. You hereby acknowledge that we are not responsible, in particular, for any third party action or action on your part leading to loss, damage or harm to you or any other person.
8.What are your rights?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. However, you have the sole responsibility of ensuring that you review the accuracy of information provided by you and contact us in case of discrepancies, or in case you wish to discontinue the use of our services. You have the following rights with regard to your personal information:
- You have the right to access your personal information, and request correction and deletion. If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through [Insert link of relevant email address for customer care]. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or subsequently becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, we may, at our sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you. There may be circumstances where we will not correct, delete or update your Personal Information, including (a) where the Personal Information is opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose; and (b) the Personal Information is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
- You are free to not to share any medical or other information that you consider confidential and withdraw consent for us to use data that you have already provided. In the event that you refuse to share any information or withdraw consent to process information that you have previously given to us, we reserve the right to restrict or deny the provision of our services for which we consider such information to be necessary.
- You may contact Grievance Officer for any questions or for exercise of these rights.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable time
9.Third Party Websites and Services